Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!

Today is Jimmy and mine's fifth anniversary. I cannot believe it has been five years, and at the same time I can't believe it hasn't been longer. We have had a crazy five years. We spent our first year of marriage almost entirely dealing with legal issues resulting from Jimmy's divorce. We spent the second trying to actually live without it running and ruining our lives. The third we spent trying to get Jimmy better after a severe life threatening situation. Then the fourth year we spent preparing for the birth of our little miracle Tyler. The fifth year has been a wonderful year so far. We still have a lot on our plate, but we have each other and that is what matters most. I can honestly say I love Jimmy more today than I did yesterday and I will love him more tomorrow than I did today.

Today is strangely similar to our actual wedding day five years ago. The sun is out and shining bright, there is not a cloud in the sky and there is a strong, crisp fall wind. I am so excited because tonight we will return to the Whispering Pines Inn in Norman, Oklahoma where we stayed on our wedding night five years ago. I can't wait to find the guestbook and see if our entry is there from that night. We were so exhausted and tired from our weeding that we didn't get to truly enjoy it. We plan on eating in their beautiful restaurant and enjoying their wonderful morning breakfast brought to the room. To make it even better I contacted them to let them know it was our anniversary and that we would love to stay but not at the current rate and they highly discounted the Emerald Dreams Room. I sound like a commercial, right? Trust me, I'm not getting paid. ;-)  Tomorrow we plan to see a movie alone which we haven't been able to do in forever. Is it awful to say I am just excited to have a big tub of buttery popcorn as I am to see a movie? I will post pics tomorrow since we never really took pictures when we were there before and it is such a nice cottage. I also have a few surprises but I have to wait to share those because Jimmy doesn't know. Oh and just in case my WWW-FOES are reading (you know who you are)...No, I am not pregnant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment